1000 STORIES PICKLEBALL PADDLE SWEEPSTAKES – SOCIAL MEDIA OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS 3/1/2023 AND ENDS 4/30/2023. FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL RECEIVE ONE (1) 1000 STORIES BRANDED PICKLEBALL PADDLE. (EACH GRAND PRIZE ARV $69.99; TOTAL ARV $349.95). FOR FULL OFFICIAL RULES, VISIT https://hp2win.com/PICKLEBALL23/. ©2023 SPONSORED BY VIñA CONCHA Y TORO USA, HOPLAND, MENDOCINO CO., CA.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The 1000 Stories Pickleball Paddle Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on April 30, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Actual start time of Sweepstakes on March 1, 2023 may vary and depends on when the 1000 Stories Pickleball Paddle Sweepstakes post is published to the official 1000 Stories Instagram page, as discussed below.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes (“Entry Method”): (1) online via Instagram, or (2) mail-in entry.
INSTAGRAM ONLINE: Enter by visiting Instagram.com/1000storieswines via your web browser or mobile device, look for the 1000 Stories Pickleball Paddle Sweepstakes post and engage with the post. Limit one entry per Instagram® user, per day.
- Follow @1000storieswines
- Tag at least one (1) friend who is a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older, and include the Sweepstakes name: “1000 Stories Pickleball Paddle Sweepstakes.”
WRITTEN ENTRY METHOD: You may also enter by sending a self-addressed envelope. Fill out a 3 X 5 card and include your Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, and Date of Birth and mail it to: PICKLEBALL23 Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ 85067-0216. No more than one entry per envelope is allowed.
A completed entry via either Entry Method shall be referred to herein as the “Entry” or the “Entries.” Incomplete follows and/or tags will not constitute an Entry.
VIñA CONCHA Y TORO USA IS DIRECTLY RELYING ON THE ENTRANT’S REPRESENTATION THAT TAGGED FRIEND/S IS/ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OF OLDER; FALSE REPRESENTATION WILL IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFY THE ENTRANT FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES, PROHIBIT THEM FROM PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE PROMOTIONS OFFERED BY VIñA CONCHA Y TORO USA.
You must be a registered user of Instagram® in order to use the Entry Method. Accounts on Instagram® are free. Registration for Instagram® can be obtained by going to the website and entering the required information to register, or by downloading the application from an App Store and following the application’s onscreen instructions to open an account. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device. Contact your online or phone service provider for details.
An entrant’s Instagram® account must be able to receive messages from Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole and absolute discretion, entries made through Instagram® accounts that are used to perpetuate, solicit, or encourage fraud, unlawful activity, sexual activity, harassment, or spam or submit multiple Entries in excess of the Entry limitation. Sponsor discourages participants from creating multiple Instagram® accounts to submit multiple Entries, and any participant doing so will have all of his or her Entries disqualified.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify and/or request that the entrant and/or Instagram® remove the Entry if Sponsor believes that the Entry violates any of the requirements contained herein. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant that engages in inappropriate or harassing conduct on Sponsor’s Instagram® page or on any other medium that is connected with this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram®. Instagram® is not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
All entries become the property of Sponsor. Released Parties are not be responsible for late, lost, delayed, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or misdirected entries or any error, omission, interruption, dilution, defect or delay in operation or transmission on the Internet or any damage to a user’s computer or mobile device. Sponsor will not acknowledge receipt of entries.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: User must tag at least one (1) friend as per Rule 2 above; if User tags no friends, no entry will be received. If a User tags more than one (1) friend, the User will only result in entry if each of the tagged friends satisfies all criteria set forth in Rule 2 above. The number of friends tagged will not affect an Entrant’s odds of winning. If User tags one (1) friend anywhere on Instagram OTHER THAN in response to Sweepstakes post on @1000storieswines (e.g., on one’s own Instagram account) such tag will not result in entry.
Subject only to the rights retained by Meta Platforms, Inc. (to the extent applicable), Entrant grants to Sponsor and its designees, if applicable, the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicenseable right and license to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce and/or otherwise exploit the comment in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice or any compensation to entrant. Entrant waives any “Moral Right of Authors” (Droit Moral) in the comment pursuant to U.S. law. Entrant further agrees, upon Sponsor’s request and without compensation, to sign any and all necessary and appropriate documents so as to effect, perfect or record such grant of license rights.
INSTAGRAM ENTRIES REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS MERELY REQUESTING PERSONS TO TAG FRIEND(S) AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAME, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR MODERATING, MONITORING OR REVIEWING POSTED BY ENTRANTS. SPONSOR WILL NOT EDIT OR MODIFY POSTED FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES IN CONJUNCTION WITH ADMINISTRATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- ENTRY RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) entry per Instagram® user, per day** regardless of the number of e-mail accounts or Instagram® accounts that a person has. **A “day” is defined as 12:00:00 a.m. PT – 11:59:59 p.m. PT, except for March 1, 2023 which begins at 12:00:01m. PT regardless of when the Sweepstakes post is published on Instagram. A person may enter him/herself AND be a tagged friend of one or more other entrants. Violation of this entry limit will result in only the initial entry being accepted. But, Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries (and disqualify entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor) if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a given person has engaged in egregious, blatant or repeated violations of the entry limit. For clarity, disqualification of an Entrant will not affect the ability of other entrant(s) to tag him/her as a friend in their entries. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged (including via Comment posted by Sponsor on @1000storieswines in response to Comment posted by a given individual) but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation of eligibility for the Sweepstakes nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed or like means are prohibited and will be disqualified. Use of third-party entities (e.g., commercial sweepstakes services) to enter Sweepstakes on a person’s behalf voids entry, will result in disqualification from Sweepstakes and possible prohibition from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account associated with the Instagram account used to enter the Sweepstakes as of date of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address corresponding to the Instagram account used to enter the Sweepstakes.
Message and data rates may apply. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for entering the Sweepstakes. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier’s pricing plan BEFORE entering the Sweepstakes. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access and wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
- PRIZE: Five (5) Prizes will be awarded. Winners will receive one (1) 1000 Stories branded pickleball paddle (specific brand, model number and features of the pickleball paddle to be determined by Sponsor at its sole and absolute discretion). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $69.99. Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes is $349.95.
Alcohol beverages are not part of the Prize. A Prize will only be awarded to verified winner with a street address within the United States or District of Columbia. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. If the Prize is declined by a Winner, no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded.
- WINNER DETERMINATION/ODDS: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible Entries received through Instagram® and mail-in on May 8, 2023. A random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible Entries received. Potential winner will be notified by direct message on or about May 8, 2023; potential winner must respond within 48 hours in order to claim his/her prize. BE SURE THAT YOUR INSTAGRAM PRIVACY SETTINGS ALLOW FOR @1000storieswines TO CONTACT YOU VIA DIRECT MESSAGE. The potential winner will be required to furnish valid proof of age in a form prescribed by Sponsor and sign an Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful) within three (3) business days of date indicated on notification materials. The Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release will include a representation that a potential winner secured the consent of his/her friend(s) before tagging the friend(s) in a potential winner’s entry. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if a potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If the advertised prize(s) cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local income taxes on the prizes and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be made after winner validation. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- Open to legal residents of the UNITED STATES and the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA who are 21 or older as of date of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, directors, officers and agents of Sponsor, and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and any alcoholic beverage industry producers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or licensed retailers, and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate. In order to enter the Sweepstakes or receive a prize, you must fully comply with these Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and terms, and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to offer a cash alternative for the prize or to substitute the prize or a component of the prize for one of comparable or greater value.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS: In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries due to, among other things, system errors or failures or otherwise, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, bugs and/or problems related to the online entry; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) technical or human error that may occur or be encountered by entrants in the entry process, or by Sponsor in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries, including computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property (including death) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Sponsor may disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or receiving any prize if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or suspects that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unsafe or unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs, or creating aliases to submit entries more than once per day) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION OF ANY OF SPONSOR’S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: Federal and state income taxes may apply and are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s), regardless of whether the prize is used in whole or in part. An IRS form 1099 may be issued in the name of the winner(s) for the actual value of the prize received. Any and all expenses not specifically stated as being included are excluded, and are the responsibility of the prize winner(s). No assignment, transfer, cash redemption, or substitution of the prizes is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value.
GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the Sweepstakes prize using all non-suspect eligible entries, or in any manner that is fair and equitable.. In addition, Entrant releases the Released Parties from any such liability and agree that these entities are in no manner responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the Sweepstakes and/or prize. Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any third-party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any, and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above. Entrant further understands and agrees that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrant acknowledges that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASED PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
CHOICE OF LAW: By entering, Entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws principles. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant consents to the sole jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in San Francisco, California.
- WINNER’S LIST. A list of the Winner will be available after May 31, 2023. Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: PICKLEBALL23 LIST, P.O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ 85067. All requests for the winner’s list must be postmarked by April 30, 2023. All requests for the Winner’s list must be received by May 5, 2023. Requests will be fulfilled after winner(s) are verified.
- This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Fetzer Vineyards dba Viña Concha Y Toro USA, Hopland, Mendocino Co., CA. The information you provide in connection with this Sweepstakes is being provided to the Sponsor. Such information will be used for purposes of administering this Sweepstakes.
Copyright ©2023 VIñA CONCHA Y TORO USA, HOPLAND, MENDOCINO CO., CA. All rights reserved.
The INSTAGRAM® trademark and site are owned by INSTAGRAM, LLC. INSTAGRAM, LLC is not a party to this Sweepstakes, and has not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way; and shall have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with this Sweepstakes or any item(s) awarded.
Last Updated on March 1, 2023 9:05 AM