Armour Frozen Meatballs Big Game Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: Smithfield Packaged Meats Sales Corp., 200 Commerce Street, Smithfield, VA 23430
- DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: The Armour Frozen Meatballs Big Game Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a random drawing promotion. Albertson’s Companies is Sponsor’s retail partner for the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1st, 2019 and ends on February 3rd, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of Washington, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Wyoming, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island and Vermont who are 18 years of age or older as of January 1, 2019. Sweepstakes entrants must possess a valid government issued ID. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor, Albertson’s Companies, each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional companies and prize providers involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotional Entities”), as well as the family and household members of same (including spouses, parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, stepchildren, grandchildren), shall be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein. Void outside the states listed above, and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
60 total winners (20 Grand Prize winners: 5 per Albertson’s division / 40 First Prize winners: 10 per participating Albertson’s division)
Albertsons Companies participating divisions (each with a separate drawing pool for this sweepstakes) Shaw’s, Seattle, Intermountain and Jewel-Osco.
Grand Prize: $100.00 Gift Card to purchase a Jersey
First Prize: $50.00 Retail Gift Card
Total ARV of All Prizes: $4,000
Limit one (1) prize per person per household. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes are not transferrable or assignable and may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use, not specifically provided herein, are the responsibility of each individual winner. Gift certificates, pre-paid debit cards and coupons are subject to the standard terms and conditions listed thereon (including expiration dates). Sponsor (a) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof), and (b) disclaims any implied warranty.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
(i) Text Message: Text “FOOTBALL19” to 55678 using your SMS-enabled cellphone during the Sweepstakes Period. Keyword (“FOOTBALL19”) must be spelled correctly to generate a reply text. A valid text will receive an automatic reply as follows: Reply w/birthdate in format MM/DD/YYYY. Once you send the text message and if you are 18 or older, you will receive the following Text: Pls reply with your two-digit state code. Eligible age and state code will be automatically entered into the sweepstakes.
(ii) On-Line Entry: Visit https://hp2win.com/FB19ONLINE/ during the Sweepstakes Period and submit a completed entry form, including First and Last Name, Age, Complete Mailing Address and Email Address. You will receive one (1) entry for each online entry form submission up to the maximum number of entries allowed per person (see below).
For all text message entries, entrants will be charged their standard rate for each text message sent or received through their phone or device according to the terms in their wireless plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Sponsor will not refund the cost of the text message. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that entrant’s entry text is entrant’s digital signature (with the same effect as a handwritten signature) providing expressed written consent to receive confirmation text messages about the Sweepstakes. If you enter via text message, any prize resulting from such entry will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number account from which the text message originated. Entrant can stop receiving such messages at any time by texting STOP to 55678.
LIMIT FIVE (5) ENTRIES PER PERSON DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD OF ENTRY.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/ODDS: Potential winners will be selected randomly from among all eligible entries received for the applicable Region during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor or its agent will conduct a random drawing (“Drawing”) on or about February 05, 2019. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Region. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by email on or about February 05, 2019. Potential winners have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to a prize notification to claim a prize. If a winner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, a potential winner fails to respond to a prize notification within forty-eight (48) hours, a potential winner is ineligible, or a winner declines a prize, an alternate potential winner for such prize may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Region. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and, except where prohibited by law, Promotional Release within seventy-two (72) hours following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to sign and return these documents within the stated deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner, if time permits, from among all remaining eligible entries received for such Region. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
- PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize by a winner constitutes permission for the Promotional Entities and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies to use such winner’s name, address (city and state), likeness and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes for this Sweepstakes only, without additional compensation, permission or notification, except as otherwise prohibited by law.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, any related Abbreviated Rules or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: any entry form, point-of-sale material, or television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall govern. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any entrant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of entrants or require potential prize winners to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (i) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (ii) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (iii) are obtained where prohibited, or (iv) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Sponsor, or any other Promotional Entities. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from among those eligible entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotional Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by any entrant, prize winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, excluding attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain an award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All claims or disputes related to or involving these Official Rules, and/or this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send an email to WinnersList@edgemarketingnet.com with SUBJECT LINE: ARMOUR MEATBALLS/ALBERTSONS Q1 2019 SWEEPS.