BANFI RIUNITE WASHINGTON CAPITALS TICKET SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT OF VIRGINIA AND 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- OBJECT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES: As provided in these Official Rules (“Official Rules”), the Grand Prize in the Banfi Vintners RIUNITE® WASHINGTON CAPITALS® Ticket Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will be awarded in a random drawing to the person submitting a valid entry.
- SPONSOR: Banfi Vintners, 1111 Cedar Swamp Road, Old Brookville, NY 11545 (“Banfi” or “Sponsor”) is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. HP2 Promotions, 2880 E. Northern Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85028 (“HP2 Promo” or “Administrator”) is the administrator of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Administrator are solely responsible for administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of the Sweepstakes. Lincoln Hockey LLC dba Washington Capitals and Lincoln Holdings LLC dba Monumental Sports & Entertainment (collectively “Promotion Parties”) are promotion parties whose participation is limited to providing certain prizes for the Sweepstakes.
- TERRITORY: The territory of the Sweepstakes is limited to Virginia in U.S. Postal Service ZIP Codes within approximately 75 miles of the Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C., located at 601 F Street NW, Washington, D.C. Eligible ZIP Codes are set forth in Appendix attached to the Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void outside the territory listed above and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: This sweepstakes begins at or after 12:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) on February 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (CT) on March 1, 2019.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this sweepstakes.
- Entry Method No. 1 – During the Sweepstakes Period, send a text message with the word “RIUNITEWIN” from your handset addressed to “55678”. Once you send the text message, verify your age and your state, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual Calling Plan with your cellular provider. For additional support, text HELP to 55678 or STOP to cancel at any time. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. All entrants using Entry Method No. 1 must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Receipt of entries made via text message will be acknowledged by reply text message. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number from which the text message originated. Standard text messaging fees apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging service is not available in all areas.
- Entry Method No. 2 – To enter without submitting a text, during the Sweepstakes Period print your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, and “RIUNITEWIN” Sweepstakes on a 3x 5 card and mail in an envelope to: HP2, P.O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ 85067. All mail entries must be postmarked by March 1, 2019 and received by March 6, 2019. Receipt of mail entries will not be acknowledged and entries will not be returned. Limit of one (1) mail entry per outer envelope.
Any other attempted form of entry not specified herein is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (CT) on March 6, 2019. One entry per person regardless of method of entry; a person may enter by sending a text message OR sending a mail-in but NOT by using both methods. Multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification.
Banfi, Administrator, and Promotion Parties are not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect a caller’s ability to text in and qualify; the ability of a person to enter by sending an email; or the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winners. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Prizes: ONE (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Winner will receive TWO (2) Tickets to attend a Washington Capitals® home game at the Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Ticket date and seat location will be in the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. Guest accompanying the Winner must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions. If potential winner is not available on such date, prize will be automatically forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor (time permitting). Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified expenses related to acceptance and use of prize, including without limitation food and beverage, transportation to and from CAPITAL ONE ARENA, and parking at venue. Winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner; and, should winner and/or guest fail to do so, prize may be immediately terminated and the Sponsor may pursue other legal sanctions against the winner and/or guest. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize is up to $500.00.
- Winner Determination: The winner will be determined via random drawing which will occur on March 7, 2019. Drawing will be conducted by HP2Promo, a third party unaffiliated with Sponsor or Promotion Parties, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received.
The winner will be notified by telephone, text message and/or email on March 7, 2019 and will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release (where lawful) within one (1) hour of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion (time permitting). If a winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within fifteen (15) minutes, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion (again, time permitting). Messages will NOT be left (should potential winner be contacted via phone). Sponsor and its agencies will make a commercially reasonable effort to contact the potential winner. But, Sponsor and its agencies expressly disclaim any and all liability in conjunction with attempts to contact any potential winner. Winner’s guest must sign and return a liability and publicity release (where lawful) form (also referred to herein as a “Guest Release”) within one (1) hour of notification of winner.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Sponsor shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion without notice or further obligation.
Winner must furnish valid proof of age (for example, a driver’s license, birth certificate or passport). An Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (where lawful) must be provided to HP2Promo before prize can be received. (A facsimile or electronic copy of the Affidavit/Release and Guest Release shall have the same force and effect as a hand-signed document. For review of the Affidavit/Release and Guest Release, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org with CAPS Sweepstakes, Affidavit Request in the subject line; for the avoidance of doubt, if using Entry Method No. 2, this request must be a separate mail from the mail sent to enter the Sweepstakes.) No prize will be awarded unless the Affidavit has been received by HP2Promo.
- TICKET PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Winner agrees to comply with all rules and regulations applicable to Capital One Arena, Washington Capitals, and Lincoln Holdings, LLC dba Monumental Sports & Entertainment and the use of the tickets herein.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents of Virginia within approximately 75 miles of the Capital One Arena at 601 F Street NW, Washington, DC 20004 (eligible ZIP Codes listed in the Appendix) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation in the Sweepstakes under any circumstances: Banfi Vintners, (as applicable) their respective affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers, HP2 Promotions, Lincoln Hockey LLC dba the Washington Capitals, and Lincoln Holdings, LLC dba Monumental Sports & Entertainment, the National Hockey League and its teams, Capital One, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, and web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging, and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, execution, and promotion of the Sweepstakes. Subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Cash equivalent may be less than the approximate retail value of the prize. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the prizewinner. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on prize are winner’s sole responsibility. The value of the prize won by a participant may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Limit of one (1) prize per family, household or address. Winner accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. Sponsor reserve the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of each prizewinner and his/her guest. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prizewinner and his/her guest shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prizewinner and his/her guest from any prize element, based on the background check.
- INDEMNIFICATION: Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor, Lincoln Hockey LLC dba Washington Capitals and Lincoln Holdings LLC dba Monumental Sports & Entertainment, Capital One, the National Hockey League and its teams, and all parties related to each of the foregoing harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or violation, or alleged breach or violation, of any of the provisions of these Official Rules; and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of the prize awarded (including any travel or activity related thereto).
- RELEASE: In consideration of the opportunity to enter the Sweepstakes and/or receipt of any prize, entrant for himself or herself, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor, Lincoln Hockey LLC dba Washington Capitals, Lincoln Holdings, LLC dba Monumental Sports & Entertainment, Capital One, the National Hockey League and its teams, and all parties related to each of the foregoing from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the entrant ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes; entrant’s Sweepstakes entry; use of entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; entrant’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or land line phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes or the Grand Prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond the control or any or all of them (a “Force Majeure Event”).
- Text Message Entry Conditions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you authorize Sponsor to communicate with you by text messaging regarding Sweepstakes participation for the duration of the Sweepstakes. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records. Sponsor, Promotion Parties, and their respective agencies are not responsible for SMS entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor, Administrator, and Promotion Parties and their respective agencies are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes.
- Mail-in Entries: Sponsor, Administrator, and Promotion Parties and their respective agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, or incomplete entries, or for mail-in entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or miscommunications. Sponsor, Administrator, and Promotion Parties and their respective agencies are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by third parties or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes.
- NO TAMPERING OR INTERFERENCE: CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- MODIFICATION, SUSPENSION, AND CANCELLATION: Sponsor may modify and amend these Official Rules as they may appear online from time to time during the Sweepstakes for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate Sweepstakes at any time, for any reason, without notice or further obligation. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, such as by way of example and not by way of limitation, in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment, and Sponsor shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
- Rules Request/Winners’ List: For a copy of the official rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “RIUNITEWIN” Sweepstakes,” HP2, P.O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ Requests received after March 7, 2019 will not be honored. For names of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “RIUNITEWIN” Sweepstakes,” HP2, P.O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ 85067. All requests for the winners’ list must be postmarked by April 31, 2019 and received by May 3, 2019.
- TRADEMARKS: RIUNITE is a registered trademark of Cantine Riunite & Civ. BANFI is a register trademark of Banfi Products Corporation. WASHINGTON CAPITALS, CAPITALS, CAPS, the Washington Capitals Eagle Logo, the Washington Capitals Hockey Stick and Puck Logo, and ROCK THE RED are registered trademarks of Lincoln Hockey LLC. MONUMENTAL SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT is a trademark and trade name of Lincoln Holdings LLC.
Sponsor: Banfi Vintners, Old Brookville, New York
Please Drink Responsibly.
APPENDIX TO OFFICIAL RULES
BANFI RIUNITE Washington Capitals Tickets Sweepstakes
APPROVED U.S. Postal Service ZIP Codes within 75 miles
of CAPITAL ONE ARENA, 601 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20004,
|Approved Zip Codes|