J.P. Wiser’s Distillery Trip Sweepstakes 2022
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. This SWEEPSTAKES is open only to legal U.S. residents of the State OF AZ, AR, CA, CO, GA, FL, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MN, MO, MD, NE, NJ, NY, NC, ND, NV, OH, OR, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, WI, WV who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Eligibility: J.P. Wiser’s Distillery Trip Sweepstakes ( “SWEEPSTAKES”) is open only to legal U.S. residents of the State of AZ, AR, CA, CO, GA, FL, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MN, MO, MD, NE, NJ, NY, NC, ND, NV, OH, OR, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, WI, WV, (“STATES”) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the following entities and members of their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse) or same households (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the prize: Sazerac Company, Inc. 10101 Linn Station Rd. Suite 400 Louisville, KY 40223 (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2 Promotions), and alcohol beverage licensees (i.e., alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers). By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and HP2 Promotions (the independent judging organization) which shall be final and binding in all respects. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET December 31, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: There is one (1) way to enter this Sweepstakes.
Entry Method – Website (Accessed by Scanning Code): During the Sweepstakes Period, look for the QR Code®* at Point of Sale advertising materials in-store at wine/spirits shops and other retail locations where J.P. Wiser’s Canadian Whisky products are sold.
You are NOT required to purchase J.P. Wiser’s Canadian Whisky products in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Scanning the QR Code® from your handset (smart phone) will take you to a website, https://hp2win.com/JPWISERS (“Website”)†. After verifying your age, complete and submit the entry form with all required information, including your name, state of residence, e-mail address, and agreement to these Official Rules. (Scanning the QR Code® alone will NOT result in entry; you must also complete and submit the entry form on the Website to enter the Sweepstakes). Internet access and a valid e-mail address are required to enter the Sweepstakes. You may be charged for wireless Internet access according to the terms of your plan with your cellular or “wi-fi” provider. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2022. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation of eligibility for the Sweepstakes nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged (except perhaps as noted above) or returned. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. All entrants must have handset and digital service which is compatible with QR Code® technology as well as allowing for Internet access in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Prizes will be awarded to the name corresponding to the e-mail address provided on the entry form. Third party usage fees may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan BEFORE entering the Sweepstakes. Not all wireless providers feature necessary service to participate in the Sweepstakes via this Entry Method. Check your phone capabilities for specific instructions as to scanning QR Code® and wireless Internet access. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas.
†You may also enter the Sweepstakes by accessing https://hp2win.com/JPWISERS/ directly without scanning the QR Code.®
*QR Code® is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated and is used herein solely for reference purposes. No endorsement, sponsorship or other affiliation is intended or implied by such use.
- Entry Restrictions: Limit one (1) entry per person, per day (12:00:01 a.m. ET until 11:59:59 p.m. ET) during the Sweepstakes Period. Violation of this entry limit will result in only the initial entry being accepted. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. But Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries (and disqualify any entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor) if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a given person has engaged in egregious, blatant, or repeated violations of the entry limit. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, late or lost entries due to data or computer glitches or other programming/technological/electronic error, malfunction or failure of any kind, regardless of cause; and all such entries are void. Data rates may apply to entries submitted via mobile device.
- Prize: One (1) grand prize will be awarded. Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to Toronto, Canada to the J.P. Distillery in 2023 with two (2) nights and three (3) days hotel accommodation (hotel to be selected by Sponsor and based on double occupancy), round-trip coach travel for winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) and from a major commercial airport nearest winner’s residence, a private tour of the J.P. Distillery with Master Distiller Don Livermore and one (1) $500.00 Gift Certificate. (Date of trip and time of tour to be determined by Sponsor). Winner and Guest must travel on same itinerary. Gift Certificate will be chosen by Sponsor at its sole discretion and is subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon. Alcohol is not part of the prize. Retail Value of prize is $2,500.00.
Actual retail value of the prize may vary depending on location of the winner’s residence, market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g., air transportation and hotel rates) and other reasons. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and winner will not receive, the difference between the actual value of the prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these official rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials. Winner must travel from a Sponsor-selected airport near the winner’s residence within the USA on Sponsor-selected dates or the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner named. If winner lives within close proximity to the J.P. Distillery, Sponsor may elect ground transportation, in its sole discretion. Failure to complete the trip does not relieve the winner of their tax obligations associated with winning the trip. Specific travel arrangements not specified in these official rules will be made and determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All tickets are subject to the terms and conditions specified thereon. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. It is the winner and Guest’s sole responsibility to comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting a valid passport, visa and/or other necessary identification (including photograph) at the time of travel. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals. WINNER AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS, RESCHEDULING, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY. Sponsor is not responsible for a potential winner’s inability to accept or use the prize for any reason. The Released Parties are not responsible for any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, benefit providers or any other persons providing any trip-related services or accommodations. The Released Parties are not liable for any missed events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other benefit element except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Released Parties. Winner (and Guest) are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at his/her option and hereby acknowledges that the Released Parties have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Any taxes (federal, state, provincial/territorial, and local) and all expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of the prize, and are solely the winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: hotel taxes, ground transportation at the destination(s), carrier fees, government charges, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. Transportation carrier and hotel policies and regulations apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability.
SPECIAL CAUTION: COVID-19: Grand Prize winner and his/her guest understand and agree that taking the Trip to Toronto, Canada (the “Trip”) is inherently dangerous due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus epidemic/pandemic which is a highly contagious and communicable disease for which a vaccine may not be readily available throughout; and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, each assumes any and all risks of illness or injury which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from taking the Trip. Without limitation, prize winner and guest each expressly acknowledge that, notwithstanding the safety precautions taken by the suppliers of the Trip, it is possible that he/she may still contract COVID-19/Coronavirus and/or infect others even if he/she is asymptomatic. Additionally, prize winner/guest understand and agree that, in response to economic and/or social conditions engendered by COVID-19/Coronavirus, Sponsor may be compelled to modify, postpone or even cancel outright the Trip with little (if any) advanced notice; and, in such case, the liability of Sponsor to winner will not exceed the approximate retail value of the prize (as set forth above), with Sponsor having no liability whatsoever to guest.
- Winner’s Determination/Odds: Winner will be determined in a random drawing on or about January 8, 2023 by HP2 Promotions, an independent organization, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes or Sponsor. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by text message, email or phone (specific method[s] of notification being of Sponsor’s sole choosing) on or about January 8, 2023 and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release within three business (3) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected.
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Gift certificate issuer will be chosen by Sponsor at its sole discretion and is subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not redeemable/exchangeable for cash. Prize is not transferable except with Sponsor’s prior consent which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion without liability of any kind. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, the winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem the prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem the prize. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Taxes on the prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. The winner will be issued W-9 IRS Tax Form with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent 1099 IRS Form. The Guest will also be issued a Release and must sign and return it to Sponsor within the time period requested or will not be permitted to travel with the winner. Guest must be over the age of twenty-one (21). Upon receipt of the prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning the prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ONLY WARRANTIES ON THE PRIZE (IF ANY) ARE THOSE OF THE CORRESPONDING PRIZE SUPPLIER.
- Releases: By participating, entrants indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless (a) Sazerac Company, Inc., J.P. Distillery, Luctor International, LLC, (b) and their respective parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2 Promotions); and (c) the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations; (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the prize (as applicable). Without limiting the foregoing, neither Luctor International, LLC, nor Sazerac Company, Inc. makes any representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding the prize; this includes but is not limited to the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes the winner’s agreement to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph or other indicia of persona and/or statements regarding the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes for advertising, publicity and trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees, without further compensation or any notice or approval of any kind.
- Online/Website Entry Conditions: In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided on entry form. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete entries, or for entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries; or for defect of any kind which prevents a person from properly accessing the Sweepstakes online/website (including the QR Code® being misprinted, damaged, defective, irregular or otherwise non-functional). Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by online/website visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes.
- Caution: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES (IF APPLICABLE), PROHIBIT SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE PROMOTIONS OFFERED BY SPONSOR, AS WELL AS TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the prize if any entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use an entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs/technology in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor may void the prize that an entrant may have won and/or require the return of the prize that an entrant may have won as a rule of such importer conduct. Entrants further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the prize and/or return of the prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
- Sponsor’s Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s mobile device or computer which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The preceding expressly includes but is not limited to any communications sent by or sent to Sponsor (including attempted use of the QR Code®) which is not properly and timely received and accessible by Sponsor or its agencies for any reason. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If the Sweepstakes is modified, terminated or suspended, Sponsor will select the winner (if determined to be feasible in its sole discretion) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received (if any) in a manner determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances, and, if not feasible, Sponsor shall not have any liability of any kind. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by duly authorized representatives of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN JEFFERSON COUNTY, KENTUCKY. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/ OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
- Winner’s List: For winner’s name, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “WISERS LIST”, P.O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ 85067. All requests must be received by February 26, 2023. Winner’s list will be available after March 2, 2023.
Last Updated on September 27, 2022 2:12 PM