mike’s HARDER® Take it to Vegas Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. This Sweepstakes is open ONLY to the legal U.S. residents of THE STATE OF Ohio who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Void ELSEWHERE AND where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents of the State of Ohio who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the following entities and members of their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse) or same households (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Prize: Mark Anthony Brands Inc. and its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, Prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2), as well as alcohol beverage licensees (i.e., alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers). By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and HP2 (the independent judging organization) which shall be final and binding in all respects. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. (ET) on March 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) April 30, 2019.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes.
Entry Method No. 1 – Text: During the Sweepstakes Period, send a Text Message Entry (“TME”) by texting “HARDERLV” from your handset addressed to short code 55678. A valid TME will receive an automatic reply substantially in the form as follows: “Thx for ur Text! You must be 21+ to enter. Reply w/birthdate in format MM/DD/YYYY.” Once you send the text message and if you are 21 or older, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual Calling Plan with your cellular provider. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on April 30, 2019. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation of eligibility for the Sweepstakes nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged (except perhaps as noted above) or returned. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number from which the text message originated. Message and data rates apply to use of Entry Method No. 1. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan BEFORE using Entry Method No. 1 to enter the Sweepstakes. Not all wireless providers feature necessary service to participate in the Sweepstakes via Entry Method No. 1. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging service is not available in all areas.
Entry Method No. 2 – Mail: To enter without submitting a text, during the Sweepstakes Period print your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, and “HARDERLV” Sweepstakes on a 3” x 5” card and mail in an envelope to: HP2, P.O. Box 40216, Phoenix, AZ 85067. All entries must be postmarked by May 1, 2019 and received by May 8, 2019. Limit of one (1) mail entry per outer envelope. Copied/mechanically reproduced mail entries will not be accepted.
- Entry Restrictions: Limit one (1) entry per person, per day (12:00:01 a.m. (ET) until 11:59:59 p.m. (ET)) during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the method of entry. Violation of this entry limit will result in only the initial entry being accepted. But, Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries (and disqualify entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor) if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a given person has engaged in egregious, blatant or repeated violations of the entry limit. Proof of submission of entry form does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for late, lost, illegible/garbled, incomplete, damaged, inaccessible, corrupted or jumbled entries/text messages/SMS transmissions or mail entries (as applicable), regardless of cause; and, all such entries void. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for postage due mail.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Winner will receive a trip for winner and one (1) guest to Las Vegas, NV. Winner’s guest must be 21 years of age or older. Trip includes round-trip coach air travel for winner and one (1) verified guest from a major commercial airport nearest winner’s residence*, three (3) days/two (2) nights hotel accommodations for winner and one (1) guest based on double occupancy (standard room), two (2) “smart” watches (i.e., wristwatch and mobile digital device), one (1) $450 Gift Card (Gift Card issuer will be chosen by Sponsor at its sole discretion and is subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon), curated events/activities chosen by Sponsor at sole discretion for winner and their guest to attend during the trip, and ground transportation between curated events/activities and hotel in Las Vegas. Curated events/activities include dinners (EXCLUDING alcohol beverages) as well as admission to adventure activities, a show, and entertainment/leisure activities. A given event/activity may be subject to availability and restrictions on participation. (WINNER AND GUEST UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION IN ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES CARRIES AN INHERENT RISK OF INJURY, DISMEMBERMENT OR EVEN DEATH, WITH PARTICIPATION IN ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES BEING CONDITIONED UPON WINNER/GUEST EXECUTING A WAIVER/RELEASE AS PROVIDED BY PRIZE SUPPLIER AS WELL AS RELEASING SPONSOR FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION THEREWITH.) If winner or guest does NOT wish to take part in a specific event/activity (or the applicable prize supplier refuses to allow winner/guest to do so based on prize supplier’s regulations governing participation in the event/activity), he/she will NOT receive any compensation or alternate prize in lieu of same and the remaining elements of the Grand Prize trip will represent the entire liability of Sponsor to such winner/guest. Winner and guest will be informed of specific events/activities during trip via text message; if winner/guest does not timely respond to text message for any reason so as to have the opportunity to take part in a specific event/activity, he/she will NOT receive any compensation or alternate prize in lieu of same and the remaining elements of the Grand Prize trip will represent the entire liability of Sponsor to such winner/guest. Winner must be available to take trip over one (1) of the following five (5) weekends in May/June 2019, as chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion: (1) May 31, 2019 – June 2, 2019; (2) June 7, 2019 – June 9, 2019; (3) June 14, 2019 – June 16, 2019; (4) June 21, 2019 – June 23, 2019; (5) June 28, 2019 – June 30, 2019. Sponsor will designate specific weekend at time of winner notification as discussed below. IF WINNER IS NOT AVAILABLE ON WEEKEND DESIGNATED BY SPONSOR FOR ANY REASON, PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED WITHOUT COMPENSATION OF ANY KIND AND ALTERNATE WINNER MAY BE SELECTED FROM AMONG ALL REMAINING ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED, TIME PERMITTING. Winner and their guest must travel together on same itinerary as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and their guest must provide their own transportation to and from the departure airport. All other expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner; without limiting the foregoing, winner will be charged for all text messages sent and received from the “smart” watch provided as prize according to the terms in their individual Calling Plan with their cellular provider, during the trip as well as No other prize will be awarded. Alcohol beverages are not part of the prize. Total Approximate Retail Value of Prize: $5,000.00. Should actual value of Grand Prize be less than the stated Approximate Retail Value, winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise.
*If winner’s residence is within reasonable driving distance of Las Vegas, NV (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), he/she will be responsible for ground transportation; and, winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation in conjunction with such substitution. If winner chooses to travel without a guest, he/she will receive the Grand Prize in increments appropriate for a single traveler (i.e., the winner him/herself), including only one (1) “smart” watch, and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith.
Winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner as well as following all instructions and fully complying with all guidelines of prize suppliers; failure to do so will result in immediate termination of trip for winner and/or guest and Sponsor shall have no further liability or obligation to winner and/or guest, as applicable.
- Winner’s Determination/Odds: Winner will be determined in a random drawing on or about May 8, 2019 by HP2, an independent judging organization, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by text message, e-mail, mail or phone (specific method[s] of notification being of Sponsor’s sole choosing as well as depending upon method of entry) on or about May 8, 2019 and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and publicity release (where lawful) within three (3) days of notification (or such shorter time period as may be indicated on winner notification material) or Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if a potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting.
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No Prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not redeemable/exchangeable for cash (except for Gift Card component of same, where required by law). Prize is not transferable except with Sponsor’s prior consent which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion without liability of any kind. All federal, state and local taxes on Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting said Prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said Prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said Prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said Prize. All costs and expenses associated with a Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of Prize.
Taxes on the Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. If value of Prize is $600 or more, winner will be issued W-9 IRS Tax Form with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent 1099 IRS Form. Upon receipt of Prize, winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ONLY WARRANTIES ON PRIZE ELEMENTS – IF ANY – ARE THOSE OF THE APPLICABLE PRIZE SUPPLIER.
- Releases: By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless (a) Mark Anthony Brands Inc., its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, Prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2); and (b) the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations; from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of Prize (as applicable). Without limiting the foregoing, Mark Anthony Brands Inc., makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding said Prize; this includes but is not limited to the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of said Prize constitutes winner’s agreement to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph or other indicia of persona and/or statements regarding the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes for advertising, publicity and trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees, without further compensation or any notice or approval of any kind. The preceding includes but is not limited to Sponsor’s commercial use of winner’s participation in curated events/activities taking place during trip to Las Vegas.
- Text Message Entry Conditions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you authorize Sponsor to communicate with you by text messaging solely regarding Sweepstakes participation for the duration of the Sweepstakes. In case of dispute as to identity of a text message entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for text message communications/entries (or for text communications sent to/from winner/guest during the trip) not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or due to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of text message communications/entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of text message communications/entries in this Sweepstakes or text communications sent to/from winner/guest during the trip. Any other attempted form of entry not specified herein is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
- Caution: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES (IF APPLICABLE), PROHIBIT SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE PROMOTIONS OFFERED BY SPONSOR, AS WELL AS TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award said Prize if entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs/technology in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor may void said Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of said Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of said Prize and/or return of said Prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
- Sponsor’s Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of Prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without respect to conflict of law/choice of law doctrines of Illinois (or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Illinois). To the fullest extent permitted by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees (a) that any and all disputes regarding the Sweepstakes which cannot be resolved between the parties shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in Cook County, Illinois; (b) to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and to waive any right of inconvenient forum, change of venue or any like right; (c) that any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Sweepstakes (if any), but in no event attorney’s fees, with all other forms of remedy – including but not limited to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and injunctive relief – being expressly waived.
- Winner’s List: For winner’s names, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “HARDERLV”, 328 S. Jefferson Street, Suite 1050, Chicago, IL 60661. All requests must be received by June 5, 2019. Winner’s names will be available after June 19, 2019.
Sponsor: Mark Anthony Brands Inc., Chicago, IL 60661
© 2019 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co., Chicago, IL. www.mikeshard.com ® is a registered trademark and ™ is a trademark of Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co.
MIKE’S IS HARD. SO IS PRISON. DON’T DRIVE DRUNK.® PREMIUM MALT BEVERAGE.