White Claw® Beach House Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. This SWEEPSTAKES is open only to the legal residents of the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Void IN ALASKA AND Hawaii AND wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Alaska and Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the following entities and members of their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse) or same households (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the prize: Mark Anthony Brands Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2 Promotions), as well as alcohol beverage licensees (i.e., alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers). By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and HP2 Promotions (the independent judging organization) which shall be final and binding in all respects. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. (ET) on January 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) March 31, 2020.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes.
Method No. 1: On-line Entry Via Text Link. During the Sweepstakes Period, text “BEACH” from your handset addressed to short code 55678. You will receive one (1) reply text message with a link to the Sweepstakes Website (https://hp2win.com/BEACHOL/). If you advise that you are 21 years or older, complete and submit the on-line entry form with all required information to receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Sending text with “BEACH” alone will NOT result in entry. A text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service are required. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
Method No. 2: On-line Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may also visit the Sweepstakes Website without use of the link. If you advise that you are 21 years or older, complete and submit the entry on-line entry form with all required information to receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Regardless of entry method utilized:
- A valid e-mail address is required. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on March 31, 2020. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation of eligibility for the Sweepstakes nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged (except perhaps as noted above) or returned. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the e-mail address from which the e-mail transmission originated.
- If you choose to enter the Sweepstakes on-line by using a mobile device including via Entry Method No. 1: Message and data rates and/or other fees may apply. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for entering the Sweepstakes on-line via mobile device (for Entry Method No. 1, this includes charges for text messages sent and received). It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier’s pricing plan BEFORE entering the Sweepstakes on-line via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access or text message capability and wireless Internet access/text messaging may not be available in all areas.
- Entry Restrictions: Limit one (1) entry per person, per day (12:00:01 a.m. [ET] until 11:59:59 p.m. [ET]) during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the method of entry. Violation of this entry limit will result in only the initial entry on a given day being accepted. But Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries (and disqualify entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by Sponsor) if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a given person has engaged in egregious, blatant or repeated violations of the entry limit. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for late, lost, illegible/garbled, incomplete, damaged, inaccessible, corrupted or jumbled entries/text message/SMS/online transmissions, technical regardless of cause; and, all such entries are void.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Winner will receive a trip for winner and *up to three (3) guests to stay at a Beach House in California for 4 days/3nights. Winner’s guest(s) must be 21 years of age or older and must sign and return a Guest’s Liability Release and Publicity Release (where lawful) prior to issuance of travel documents. Trip includes round-trip coach air travel for winner and up to three (3) verified guests from a major commercial airport nearest winner’s residence** to destination, four (4) days/three (3) nights consecutive housing accommodations for winner and up to three (3) guests in Beach House, and one (1) $1,200.00 Gift Card which may be used towards additional transportation expenses and Beach House expenses (Gift Card Issuer will be chosen by Sponsor at its sole discretion and Gift Card is subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon). Trip must be booked by June 15, 2020 but can be taken up until September 30, 2020. Dates to be chosen by winner and subject to Sponsor’s approval at its sole discretion. While Sponsor will seek to accommodate winner’s preferences, winner may not receive his/her first choice of dates and Sponsor disclaims any and all liability in conjunction therewith. Trip must be taken during non-peak times. Blackout dates and other restrictions apply.
Travel arrangements must be made using Sponsor’s designated travel agent. Prize travel not eligible for frequent flyer miles, rewards points or other “perks.” Grand Prize winner and winner’s guest(s) must travel together on same itinerary as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest, if any, to possess valid travel documentation (i.e., driver’s license or passport) prior to travel. All other expenses not specified in these Official Rules (e.g., meals and incidentals) are the sole responsibility of the winner. No other prize will be awarded. Approximate Retail Value of prize: up to $10,000.00. Should actual value of Grand Prize be less than the stated Approximate Retail Value, winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise. Sponsor has not obtained accident, property, life or other insurance of any kind on behalf of winner and guest(s) in conjunction with prize travel including Beach House stay; if desired, winner and guest(s) are solely responsible for securing same at their sole expense.
*If winner chooses to travel with fewer than three (3) guests, he/she will receive the Grand Prize in increments appropriate for the actual number of travelers and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith.
**If winner’s residence is within reasonable driving distance of Beach House (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), he/she will be responsible for ground transportation; and, winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation in conjunction with such substitution.
Alcohol beverages are not part of prize. Winner and winner’s guest(s) must abide by all Beach House policies** and conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner; Sponsor and/or Beach House landlord may eject winner and/or winner’s guest(s) from the Beach House if winner and/or winner’s guest(s) behave in an inappropriate, belligerent or unruly manner as determined by Sponsor and/or Beach House landlord in their sole discretion; and, under such circumstances, Sponsor and/or Beach House Landlord shall NOT have any liability or obligation to winner and/or winner’s guest(s) of any kind. In such instance, Sponsor and/or Beach House Landlord may also seek damages against winner and/or winner’s guest(s) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Winner must also supply a valid major credit card in conjunction with Beach House stay. Winner agrees to authorize Sponsor and/or Administrator to charge such credit card for damage to Beach House and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, waives any right to dispute such charges.
**Such Beach House policies include the “House Rules” for staying at the Beach House, which will be provided to winner and winner’s guest(s) at the time of prize award. By way of example only, the Beach House is a non-smoking property; the Beach House limits occupancy to a certain number of persons at any given time; winner and winner’s guest(s) must keep noise at the Beach House to a reasonable volume so as not to disturb neighbors; winner and winner’s guest(s) must not damage the Beach House beyond normal wear-and-tear; at the end of the stay, the Beach House must be left clean and in good condition.
- Winner’s Determination/Odds: Winner will be determined in a random drawing on or about April 1, 2020 by HP2, an independent judging organization, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by text message, e-mail or phone (specific method[s] of notification being of Sponsor’s sole choosing as well as depending upon method of entry) on or about April 1, 2020 and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and publicity release (where lawful) within three (3) business days of notification (or such shorter time period as indicated on notification) or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Among its other provisions, the affidavit of eligibility, liability release and publicity release (where lawful) will include the potential winner’s affirmation that (a) he/she will be solely responsible for all unspecified expenses relative to acceptance and use of the prize and (b) his/her credit card may be charged for damage to Beach House. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if the potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected.
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion and only then for prize/prize component of comparable value. (Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to replace California with another destination/locale for Beach House.) Said prize is not redeemable/exchangeable for cash, except for gift card component of same where required by applicable law. Said prize is not transferable except with Sponsor’s prior consent which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion without liability of any kind. All federal, state and local taxes on said prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting said prize, a winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of said prize.
Taxes on said prize are winner’s sole responsibility. If value of said prize is $600 or more, winner will be issued W-9 IRS Tax Form with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent 1099 IRS Form. Upon receipt of said prize, winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning said prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ONLY WARRANTIES AS TO THE BEACH HOUSE ARE THOSE OF THE BEACH HOUSE LANDLORD; WINNER AND WINNER’S GUEST(S) WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESIDE IN THE BEACH HOUSE DURING THE DESIGNATED PERIOD AND ALL UTILITIES AND APPLIANCES AVAILABLE AT THE BEACH HOUSE WILL BE IN WORKING ORDER AS OF THE START OF SUCH DESIGNATED PERIOD.
- Releases: By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless (a) Mark Anthony Brands Inc., their parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies (including HP2 Promotions); and (b) the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations; from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of said prize (as applicable). Without limiting the foregoing, Mark Anthony Brands Inc., makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding said prize; this includes but is not limited to the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of said prize constitutes the winner’s agreement to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph or other indicia of persona and/or statements regarding the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes for advertising, publicity and trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees, without further compensation or any notice or approval of any kind.
- Text Message Conditions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you authorize Sponsor to communicate with you by text messaging solely regarding Sweepstakes participation for the duration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for text message communications not received (by or from potential entrant) due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or due to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of text message communications. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate Sweepstakes-related information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of text message communications in this Sweepstakes. Any other attempted form of participation via text message which is not specified herein is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
- Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, on-line entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete entries, or for on-line entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by web-site visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes.
- Caution: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES (IF APPLICABLE), PROHIBIT SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE PROMOTIONS OFFERED BY SPONSOR, AS WELL AS TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the prize if any entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use an entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs/technology in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor may void the prize that an entrant may have won and/or require the return of the prize that an entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrants further acknowledge that any forfeiture of the prize and/or return of the prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
- Sponsor’s Rights: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The preceding expressly includes but is not limited to any text message communications sent by or sent to Sponsor which are not properly and timely received and accessible by Sponsor or its agencies for any reason. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If the Sweepstakes is modified, terminated or suspended, Sponsor will select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect on-line entries received for the drawing or otherwise in a manner determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Inclusion in such drawing (to the extent feasible) shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances, and, if not feasible Sponsor shall not have any liability of any kind. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules (i.e., one prize) are available to be won in the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by duly authorized representatives of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without respect to conflict of law/choice of law doctrines of Illinois (or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Illinois). To the fullest extent permitted by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree (a) that any and all disputes regarding the Sweepstakes which cannot be resolved between the parties shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in Cook County, Illinois; (b) to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and to waive any right of inconvenient forum, change of venue or any like right; (c) that any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Sweepstakes (if any), but in no event attorney’s fees, with all other forms of remedy – including but not limited to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and injunctive relief – being expressly waived.
- Winner’s List: For winner’s name, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “BEACH”, 328 S. Jefferson Street, Suite 1050, Chicago, IL 60661. All requests must be received by April 29, 2020. Winner’s name will be available after May 13, 2020.
Sponsor: Mark Anthony Brands Inc., Chicago, IL 60661
© 2020. ® Trademark and Copyright owned by White Claw Seltzer Works, Chicago, IL 60661.
Full nutrition information may be found at www.whiteclaw.com.
HARD SELTZER WITH FLAVORS. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.